1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

@Reecedouglas1 why do you only create threads and never respond to any?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by needabreak, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Unlikely
    He's at it on Mumsnet as well.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

As I've said before, the thread spammer is either this individual or is a rival trying to trash his reputation by posting utter tripe.

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

What's his name on there?

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

JoeyBartonHansen I think.

lardylady likes this.
  5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Intern ......yep. He’s being told what to do by someone.
    A method of obtaining personal data......yep
    At least two of the threads are taken directly from another forum

mothorchid likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Data harvesting interweb influencer, for who knows.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  7. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Why does it matter? Nobody is forced to click on a thread. I’m with @Duke of York in thinking they are no more nor less tiresome than the endless succession of ‘B’ threads that seem to give pleasure to so few.

8. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

Answers to popular security questions?

9. burajda

burajda Star commenter

That was a profession that existed in the 20th century wasnt it?

nizebaby and needabreak like this.
  10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Can't wait for "mother's maiden name" or "What was your first pet called?"
    We had a Joey Barton on here years ago, when I was just a watcher. I've done several searches for old names but they only appear if they ever posted on Personal. I think Joey might have been an Opinion regular.

11. dleaf12

dleaf12 Lead commenter

Maybe they are trying to train an Artificial intelligence bot to run FaceAche and T w atter campaigns? - Learn how "real" people respond, then teach that to their AI-bot which one day may even be able to pass the Turing Test so you'll never know if you're talking to a real human or not...

Just say "No" and ignore the threads... DNFtT...

needabreak likes this.
  12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I talk to SLT every day and have no idea if I'm talking to a real human or not.

13. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Nope but as mentioned above even if you block him you might inadvertently click on a thread he's started... Tiresome... I tend not to do the 'B' ones anymore since the ever decreasing circles got so small there was nano tech involved in following them.

14. needabreak

I don't think I have been hostile, I have just asked a few questions of the poster who only seems to post questions.

towncryer likes this.
  15. Grandsire

Grandsire Senior commenter

The threads make me think of a story by Anne Fine, called ‘A Pack of Liars’, in which a whole class of children receive extremely boring letters from pen pals who ask endless interminable questions along the lines of ‘Do you have a colour TV? Do you have a microwave oven? Do you have a computer? Do you have a dog? Do you have a burglar alarm?’

What possible reason could someone have for wanting to know such mundane minutiae of people’s lives?

16. needabreak

I can think of one... If they know your address.

17. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

What do you mean blocked? You can add him to your ignore list.

18. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I think my terminology was wrong. Do I mean banned? I ignore him and have done for a while, but I am uneasy about the information he may be beginning to acquire about individuals.

19. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

T&Cs have to be broken essentially. Mods won't bother, even if you complain, they just stifle the odd heated debate when the fur begins to fly.

20. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I would say that the Mods are very quick to deal with any post which is reported as advertising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.