1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Redundancy meeting but cannot get hold of union!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Morninglover, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

I would phone the Head Office. You pay your dues - let them sort out the problem...

2. Thanks it is so stressful as will prob be expected to go to hospital first thing tomorrow and simply don't have time to chase up phonecalls.

3. ON your union card should be the details of your local rep, regional rep and area office details.
    My advice for something this big would have been to contact the regional/area office.... At worst I would now contact the regional rep - they should have a home number contact...
    Can I ask which union you are with?
    I have some contact details for NUT - but depends on region...

4. With the NUT Miss Pious. SW region. Thanks

5. That's not a region I have much to do with! Worse case you can try calling Tel: 020 7388 6191 after trying the Exeter number...
    Have you tried the local and regional rep on your 2011-12 NUT card?
    Also have you tried the relevant details here:
    <h1>South West Region</h1>DORSET DIVISION
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@dorset.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>GLOUCESTERSHIRE ASSOCIATION
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@gloucestershire.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>GUERNSEY</td><td> </td><td>secretary@guernsey.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>JERSEY</td><td> </td><td>secretary@jersey.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>NORTH SOMERSET</td><td> </td><td>secretary@north-somerset.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>PLYMOUTH
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@plymouth.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>POOLE</td><td> </td><td>secretary@poole.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>SOMERSET ASSOCIATION
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@somerset.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@sglos.nut.org.uk
    secretary1@sglos.nut.org.uk
    </td></tr><tr><td>SWINDON DIVISION</td><td> </td><td>secretary@swindon.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>TORBAY</td><td> </td><td>secretary@torbay.nut.org.uk</td></tr><tr><td>WILTSHIRE ASSOCIATION
    </td><td>website</td><td>secretary@wiltshire.nut.org.uk</td></tr></table><a name="RO">[/URL]NUT Regional Office
    1 Lower Avenue,
    Heavitree,
    Exeter,
    EX1 2PR
    TEL: 01392 258028
    FAX: 01392 286818
    Email: south.west@nut.org.uk

6. Thank you- yes no reply on email and phone of divisional sec.
    it is school hols so may well be away on hols and wouldn't blame him but not good for me!

7. The London number will answer office hours tomorrow morning....
    I would have thought that the LEA/School would have had to give sufficient notice tbh for it to be a valid meeting...
    Good luck hope it goes well....
    You could ask if there are any regional reps on the site on a new thread - could be lucky...

8. Thanks for your support I shall ring NUT in london today. I want a rebate!!!

9. coppull

coppull New commenter

The Regional Office in the South West at Exeter,should be open.They will have started work at 8.30am this morning.[​IMG]

10. As no-one seems to have answered this question, the answer is, yes you can and you probably should. The employer has acted correctly in having a consultation meeting, but it cannot say "right it's 14th April at 2:00 and if you can't be there tough" ; it has to give reasonable notice and make adjustments if that is reasonable.

11. Thanks for your reply- apparently NO unions can make today's meeting so another will have to be held. Cheers!