1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reduction of safeguarded TLR

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by GPjayne, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Just testing the water and wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I went to UPS1 in September and have been waiting for my increase in pay and backdated pay for 3 months.
    After being informed by my school manager it would be in my December wage, I found out yesterday that once again my wage was the same and no backdated pay.
    Phone call to wages people followed and i was informed that I had received my UPS1 pay, but the school had reduced my safeguarded TLR ( valid until sept 2012) by 2/3rds as I had gone to UPS1, as apparently it was " school protocol".
    Needless to say, my union rep was very interested in this !!!!

Whoops, this should be in the Pay and Conditions forum!!!!
    Anyone else had similar experience/

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm digging back in my memory bank now, to when TLRs were first introduced - but I do recall that the rule was your TLR was safeguarded, but reduced accordingly when you had any other pay rises.
    I don't know if this was changed later (as I haven't dealt with such a case, you must forgive my not knowing chapter and verse on it).

3. I agree with middlemarch, your protected TLR gradually gets eroded as your pay increases.