1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reduce Reuse Recycle Class Assembly Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by workingonsociallife, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm teaching in Year 2 at the moment and it's our turn for a class assembly. Our topic will be 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'. I've got some ideas but was wondering if anyone had done it before and had other ideas, or could tell me what they think of the ones I've come up with...
    I was thinking about using TV shows to help get the messages across:
    Reuse - 'Can't cook, won't cook' TV show - children reuse left over bits of food in fridge and cupboards to make new meals, rather than throwing them away.
    'Swap Shop' with Noel Edmonds - reuse clothes.
    Reduce and Recycle - not really sure what to do for these two R's but I know what I want the children to talk about:
    plastic bags
    reduce water / electricity / pollution
    recycle plastics / papers / glass / cans
    At the end we might sing Busta and Pong's recycling song (Recyclenow.com) - children to think of their own versions to rap. Or we may go for Jack Johnson 'The Three R's' song.
    What do you think? Can anyone recommend anything for the recycle / reduce sections?
    Any help would be really appreciated.

2. Hi, I'm teaching in Year 2 at the moment and it's our turn for a class assembly. Our topic will be 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'. I've got some ideas but was wondering if anyone had done it before and had other ideas, or could tell me what they think of the ones I've come up with...
    I was thinking about using TV shows to help get the messages across:
    Reuse - 'Can't cook, won't cook' TV show - children reuse left over bits of food in fridge and cupboards to make new meals, rather than throwing them away.
    'Swap Shop' with Noel Edmonds - reuse clothes.
    Reduce and Recycle - not really sure what to do for these two R's but I know what I want the children to talk about:
    plastic bags
    reduce water / electricity / pollution
    recycle plastics / papers / glass / cans
    At the end we might sing Busta and Pong's recycling song (Recyclenow.com) - children to think of their own versions to rap. Or we may go for Jack Johnson 'The Three R's' song.
    What do you think? Can anyone recommend anything for the recycle / reduce sections?
    Any help would be really appreciated.