1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Redcar and Cleveland GTP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Pigeltom, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi
    Interested to hear from anyone else who has been accepted onto the Redcar and Cleveland GTP Secondary. Would be good to get to know people before we start in Sept
    J

2. Hi
    Interested to hear from anyone else who has been accepted onto the Redcar and Cleveland GTP Secondary. Would be good to get to know people before we start in Sept
    J

3. Hi,
    Congrats on bein accepted, I am plannin on applying for 2012,
    If theres any help and advice you'd be able to give me tht would be great

Thanks

4. lauramac1704

lauramac1704 New commenter

Hi
    Well done you! I got accepted too! Which subject are you? Im English!

5. lauramac1704

Hi Gracie
    Good luck with your application! I had loads of help with mine from the school I work for, so if you can find someone willing to coach you through the process its well worth it!
    I found it all very daunting initially, but of all the places I applied and went to inerviews, they were the most reassuring and not in the least bit scary!
    Let me know how it goes, good luck!

6. Hi Laura
    Nope, its going to happen after Easter. I spent a half day with another science GTP at Huntcliff who was highly complementary about the GTP.
    Have you done your induction yet?
    P

7. lauramac1704

Hi Jonathon
    Oh right sorry, I get that now! I'm gagging to get started also. I had a call from the guy today and everything seems to be moving forward! Im really excited whilst at the same time a little nervous and apprehensive! I too will be taking a salary cut but Im justifying it by the fact that it will only be for a year and then it will increase again. What do you do now? Laura

8. I work in business development, but it does not give me the same buzz as being in a classroom full of eager and not so eager minds, i have takem annual leave to get into the classroom, ho w sad is that!
    What do you do?

9. lauramac1704

Thats not sad! They do say it is a vocation after all! Im a Teaching Assistant, have been doing it for seven years whilst I studied for my degree and have spent all of that time gagging to be the one stood infront of the kids and doing the teaching! I can't actually believe my time has finally come, Im really excited! I think it will all become real when I get the two day placement out of the way and I can actually had my notice in to my current school!

10. I bet you are well pleased then!
    My contact in the current GTP just got a job, i think r an c GTP has a great record for getting people into jobs.

11. lauramac1704

Thats good news! You think the application process has been difficult just to get on to the training, I haven't even thought about having to secure a job at the end of it yet!!!
    I really just want to get stuck in to it all now, how long have you been considering teaching?

12. How did your two days go, i had a great time