1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Red Ken- MAD

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Burndenpark, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Earlier in the week Ken Livingstone commented (totally by chance and unknowingly of course) that Kevan Jones (who is well documented as having suffered with depression) sounded depressed and should see his psychiatrist.

Later - after JC had given him a sever Chinese burn he made an "unreserved apology"

So far so nasty.- but here's something I don't quite follow:

Ken defended his name calling at first by the argument that he came from seath Landan and there if someone calls you names, then you call them back. In this case why doesn't Ken support the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction? He clearly believes in the principal of it when scaled down to name calling so why not when it comes to nukes?

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Livingstone behaved absolutely disgracefully. I was thoroughly disgusted.

Corbyn should have sacked him there and then. Despicable. Vile.

rachelpaula008 and Yoda- like this.
  3. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

He has showed himself not to be an Honourable man.
    He had his chance to redeem himself and did not.

Up to this moment I had some time for this politician. At least to hear his point of view even if I was not always convinced by it.

He has damaged himself and unfortunately his political party by association.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

? I live there and no one calls it that.

I don't like Ken either but he did gets the buses running properly and I am thankful to him for that.

5. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I don't dislike him, but his reluctance to climb down hasn't done him any favours in my eyes- add to this his inability to see that his comments exemplify the whole MAD argument while saying that he doesn't agree with it????
    I'm sure similar has been said of other people- just can't think who at the moment...

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

As Mayor of London, I served this city when it withstood the worst terrorist attack it has ever faced on the 7th July 2005. I am proud that Londoners of all faiths and none stood united, shoulder to shoulder against terrorism; our unity meant that there were no reprisal attacks against any one community in the immediate aftermath of those murderous bombings. Doing so again is the most effective way to defeat the terrorists' aims.

So let's be clear. No reprisals. No retaliation.

(Except when it's personal and then he gets all Dennis Waterman/Vinnie Jones.)

Thanks, Ken. I now know exactly where you stand and I shall make sure that it's nowhere near ME.)

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Mussolini?