1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Red in tooth and claw

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Anyone get a pet for Christmas?

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Good grief, what next an appeal for human cadavers?

3. Vince_Ulam

I wouldn't be surprised but then euthanasia isn't technically illegal in Denmark.

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Interesting headline underneath as well, Swiss looking to clarify their relationship with the EU

5. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Doh they feed them live? I haven't a particular problem with an animal that would live a miserable life of neglect or be put down anyway being quietly put to sleep and then fed to the lions.
    What I strenuously object to is the idea of a defenceless pet dying in terror and pain.
    What happens in the wild is Nature. Let's not pretend being in a zoo has anything to do with that.

6. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

What a hideous and cruel idea.

7. Vince_Ulam

Here's another cat cafe which might be more to people's tastes:

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Budget cuts must be tight.

9. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

You have to live with cats, dogs, birds etc to know that they trust you and love you in a way that human beings cannot. How awful it is when people betray their trust - and this must surely be one of the worst things you can do.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  10. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

There's a Cat Cafe in Nottingham and we are getting/possibly already have one here.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The one in Notts is tops.

If you like cats...

12. Vince_Ulam

[​IMG]

13. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I'm truly amazed as I thought that the law prohibited animals in public eating places. Why would anyone want to take a cat with them into a cafe? I could perhaps understand it with a dog as you could be out with your dog walking and want a drink etc. I usually went to cafes where you could sit at a table outside when I had my dog. Taking cats into a cafe doesn't quite make sense to me and such a cafe I, or many others, would avoid, even though I love cats and have had cats and dogs as pets.

Spiritwalkerness likes this.
  14. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

I love seeing cafes with signs up saying simply 'Pets welcome' Am SO seriously tempted to turn up with half a dozen pet chickens ;):p:D

bombaysapphire and Didactylos4 like this.
  15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I think, and I may be wrong as I have never been and not looked into it enough, you don't take your cat, the cats are part of the fixtures and fittings.

lanokia likes this.
  16. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I have always wondered if those signs apply to pet rats :D

17. Vince_Ulam

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The cats come with the cafe. You don't "bring your own". They have an airlock style door system in the out so no cats escape. I think most are rescue cats.