1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recycling phones and ink cartridges?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ROSIEGIRL, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

Our eco team have built up a nice collection of phones and cartridges and now have to decide what to do with thm all? Recycle for charity? For money for school?
    Just wondered if anyone had done this and had any advice to offer about good companies to deal with - there seem to be lots out there!

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

Our eco team have built up a nice collection of phones and cartridges and now have to decide what to do with thm all? Recycle for charity? For money for school?
    Just wondered if anyone had done this and had any advice to offer about good companies to deal with - there seem to be lots out there!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We used (rather the friends of the school) fones4school - bags go home phones are returned and children get rewards based on how many phones they recycle plus cash for the school fund - but I see they no longer trade you could try
    http://www.recycool.org/

4. Christian Aid will take them for charity. Personally, I swap mine for Boots points - but I'm guessing that buying you a new mascara isn't quite what the eco team had in mind :)