1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recruitment now or later in term 1? For September 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by zimbo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. zimbo

zimbo New commenter

Hi everyone
    Looking for jobs from September 2019.
    My wife and I are looking for new opportunities in SE Asia (Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia or Singapore).
    I see some schools have begun to advertise. Is it a good idea to apply now, or wait for another month or two, to see if more adverts begin appearing as recruiting season goes into full swing?
    Cheers.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Well, it is the early bird that gets the worm, zimbo, so applying early for September 2019 might be a good idea. Everyone always says, "Oh, the recruitment season seems to start earlier every year!"

If you are considering Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore, then why not think about China too? You can read about teaching in China in my blog, bulgariawithnoodles.blogspot.com or else you could send me one of those TES Conversation things. Yes, pollution is indeed an issue in the Middle Kingdom, but you might perhaps find that some of those other countries have some pollution too. And China is a biggish sort of place, so there are some cities that are not as bad as others.

zimbo likes this.
  3. nemo.

nemo. Occasional commenter

Start early as more chance of that dream job. No brainer really.

zimbo and dumbbells66 like this.
  4. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

If you like the look of a school which is in a city that you want to live in then why wouldn't you apply for it straight away?

bec_payne and zimbo like this.
  5. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

Apply for everything that takes your fancy. Better to cast a wide net in hopes of having some options to choose from :)

zimbo likes this.