1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recruitment agencies/websites

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Mary_1, Mar 20, 2018.

1. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Unfortunately SA has to compete for bu$ine$$ with other bottom feeders in the employment industry. The last job fair I gate crashed had some schools in attendance that you hold your nose when passing close to their table.

SA will allow some schools to attend their job fairs but will not actively recruit on their behalf, you can draw your own conclusions to the standards of those schools or look them up on the ISR.

If SA held the high standards of 20 years ago they would go bankrupt.

2. 4019775

4019775 New commenter

As some have stated agencies are awful and will do anything to get their fee. Some will go on about Search but, in my experience, they are no better than the rest.

3. Mrs_CS

Mrs_CS New commenter

Hi everyone! Quick question for anybody that has used SA. They require contact details for Senior Leadership at my current school- Does this mean they will be contacting my school or asking for references??? I haven't told them I am looking at jobs abroad yet!

4. february31st

february31st Established commenter

SA will only contact your SLT if you put them down as a reference. So you can start the application process without involving your SLT until you require a reference from them.

If the school or SLT members have volumes written about them on the ISR you can write to your associate and give them the reason you dont want to inform your SLT at this early stage of the process.

But at some point you are going to have to inform your school you are leaving and ask for a reference from the head or principal.