1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recounts Year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by leonelizabeth, May 5, 2011.

1. I am desperately trying to plan recounts around my science topic growing plants. I know that we are going to plant seeds and finally write a recount of it BUT I am struggling to plan a unit of work. I can't seem to put a sequence of lessons together which lead to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has done recounts I would love to look at your planning. I am willing to swap any planning or resources in return.

Thanks

2. I am desperately trying to plan recounts around my science topic growing plants. I know that we are going to plant seeds and finally write a recount of it BUT I am struggling to plan a unit of work. I can't seem to put a sequence of lessons together which lead to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has done recounts I would love to look at your planning. I am willing to swap any planning or resources in return.

Thanks

3. Hi.. I am trying to plan something like this at the moment. Just read your post. Did you manage to plan anything. I would be really grateful if you share this with me as I struggling to plan for this unit. Thanks!

4. Bear in mind I teach year 6, and year 1 children are waaaay too small in my opinion, but...
    If
    I have children who are struggling with recounts, we keep it very
    simple. I get a TA to take them to the local shop to buy something and
    talk about things that they can see on the way. They then come back and
    write about it. They can't fail to write a recount! Do you need in depth planning if they're writing about something they've experienced?

5. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

We wrote 'Bean Diaries' for this unit, so we recounted how we planted the beans on one day, then we kept track of our beans. But I also use this unit as a good chance to fit in a lot of sentence level objectives.