1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Records for guided reading?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucye, Nov 8, 2015.

1. lucye

lucye New commenter

I currently have a record sheet linked to old reading levels and book band levels. It's good but linked to old levels. I'm trying to find a record linked to new curriculum but I haven't found one yet. What do other people use? I'm worried as Ofsted overdue .

2. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Get your school to subscribe to lancsngfl. They are producing some good resources. We have laps which link to year group objectives. They are broken down into smaller objectives. Lap 1 Autumn. Lap 2 Spring lap 3 summer. They build on each other and look at depth. We have them for reading and writing. Obviously not all kids will fit into this neat progression but they help. Also links to what book band stage they would be working on for reading. They are going to bring out child friendly target this term and they are in the middle of producing exemplification materials. A good site for other subjects but especially English.

lucye and TEA2111 like this.
  3. lucye

lucye New commenter

Thanks so much, that sounds just what I need!

4. teacup71

The lap documents also have an area to record children's names. There are these laps for each year group.

5. teacup71

start a private conversation. I am not sure how to.