1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Record keeping

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by King38, Oct 17, 2011.

1. I've introduced some record keeping sheets (bare minimum) for TAs to complete after a session or each fortnight after a withdrawal group. However, I doubt the teachers really look at them as they give verbal feedback. In the light of AfL and target setting, can anyone tell me what they do which is effective and not so time consuming - teachers and TAs spend so much time on planning and recording!
    Thanks

2. Is the learning that the TAs doing outside of the classroom linked to the learning inside the classroom? If not, that might be worth teachers are not referring to it.
    We expect the LSAs at our school to contribute to the IEP evaluations after their sessions but only at the end of a half term (or earlier if targets have been met).

3. I really like the sound of this! As I'm a very 'visual' learner, could you possibly send me an example. isobel38@hotmail.com
    Thanks so much!