1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended Science Workshop or location in Surrey

Discussion in 'School trips' started by khawley1971, Jun 5, 2017.

1. khawley1971

khawley1971 New commenter

We have cancelled a planned trip to the Science Museum in London and looking for a recommendation for either an in house workshop of something in Surrey for our Year 2?

Any thoughts would be happily received

2. empty

empty New commenter

Sorry this is a bit late, but I would suggest looking at the London Museum of Water and Steam (www.waterandsteam.org.uk) which is a unique collection of machinery from 1820 onwards used for pumping water into the West End of London - perhaps the waterworks from the Monopoly Board. You could look at producing clean water, dealing with dirty water, machines and how they work, micro organisms and health etc. Science links to History, PSHE and DT. Unfortunately there is a cost per child for the visit as the museum does not receive free status, but it is an inportant part of our heritage preseving some truely fabulous machines.

3. hobgoblintc

hobgoblintc New commenter

I know I am also very late but we offer a show called "The History of Science" which is a sketch show written to inspire te children to learn more about Science. We have a KS1 and a KS2 version of the show, more details are on our website (www.hobgoblintheatrecompany.co.uk) and we are actually based in Surrey.

Probably not helpful first time round as your cancelled trip was in June but maybe one for this coming year?

Regards

Dan

4. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

If you've got a particular STEM theme, look at what STEM ambassadors can offer.