1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended History books for World History in US international schools.

Discussion in 'History' started by Aqua-Azul, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Dear all,

I have been given the task of choosing a HIstory textbook for middle & high school in a US international school in Europe. I am not trained in the US system but this school wants to move towards the IB MYP & DP system. In the meantime, we are following the US system to increase their History skills and level of English.

I am familiar with textbooks for History from my country of origin but they have too much of a national focus to be used with adapting a lot. The facilities in the school include whiteboards and wifi etc. but there is no online learning platform. I would like to use the textbook and supplement it with other resources where necessary.

I am somewhat familiar with the UK educational system but have not yet worked in it. I would appreciate any of your time and advice in recommending textbooks for the following grades:

9th grade: Ancient times to Middle Ages

10th grade: Middle Ages to 17th Century

11th grade: 18th Century to 20th Century

There is no grade 12 at present.

Thanks in advance,

FR