1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommended Authors

Discussion in 'Primary' started by catherinejane25, Mar 4, 2020.

1. catherinejane25

catherinejane25 New commenter

Hi,
    I am a Year 4 teacher (Primary 5 in Northern Ireland), and am new to the year group this year. I am doing an author focus once a half term, encouraging children to bring in books to share in the Class Library. So far we have had Roald Dahl, Michael Morpurgo and David Walliams, which the kids have loved. I tried Anne Fine, but none of the children seemed to have any of her books! Does anyone have any authors they would recommend, who have a range of different titles appropriate for Year 4? I was thinking about Phillip Pullman or Dick-King Smith next.
    Any and all suggestions welcome- thanks!

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Cressida Cowell, how to train your dragon books. Helen Cresswell, Gillian Cross, Anthony Horowitz, Dick King Smith,.......

catherinejane25 likes this.
  3. otters258

otters258 New commenter

Love reading for kids is a great website to register with and will point you in the direction of lots of good, current authors. After that the second hand site World of Books is the place to go to buy them.

4. DFC

DFC New commenter

Paul Jennings and Michael Lawrence - Good for reluctant boy readers.

catherinejane25 likes this.