1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations: Supply agencies in Oxford

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by aeycerj, Sep 24, 2018.

1. aeycerj

aeycerj New commenter

Hello!

I've recently moved to Oxford and want to do supply teaching to get a feel for schools in the area. Can anyone recommend a good agency to sign up with?

Thanks,
    Emily

pepper5 likes this.
  2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi Emily

Welcome to the forum.

If someone sees your message, they will send you a private message as it isn't allowed to mention specific names of agencies on the board, but people can contact you directly.

Another thing you can do is make a list of all the schools that you want to go to; perhaps say within a 10 mile commute from your home or the ones that look like you might want to work at. Make a list of say 10-20. Call the schools, ask to speak to the cover manager ( probably after school might be good since some of them have classes), ask them if they would consider hiring you directly. If they say "no" and that they only use agencies, ask them which ones they use. If any one name keeps cropping up then you know which one is the most popular.

You probably want to register with at least three and perhaps up to five.

All the best for getting started with your new venture into supply.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further help, let us know. You might enjoy reading the pinned thread "New to Supply" which contains a lot of useful information.

3. aeycerj

aeycerj New commenter

Thank you - that's all really helpful!

Emily

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.
  4. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

:)You are welcome.

5. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

They are all as bad as each other, although some are worse!

agathamorse, cys2017 and pepper5 like this.
  6. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

One of the best summations of supply agencies I have ever read!

agathamorse, pepper5 and cys2017 like this.
  7. teachSheffield

teachSheffield New commenter

I wanted to ask the same and I found this thread. I've recently moved to Oxford and want to know 'recommended' supply agencies to sign up with in the area. It would be very much appreciated if someones can send me a private message in relation to this.