1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations needed for preparing for the new job

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Bluecloud, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am new here, I hope someone can help with the following.
    I have just been offered a TA position in a local school having had no previous experience of working in schools. I have other skills that I'm hoping will be beneficial and bags of enthusiasm for the job, I would love to prove them right for employing me and am prepared to put in extra hours/work/whatever it takes. Also, I was hoping to prepare a little bit before starting in September hence this message.
    Would anyone be able to recommend any books/literature that you think are useful for the job that might be beneficial for me to read beforehand? Or if you can think of any other ways of preparing, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know,
    Thanks!!

2. Hi,

I am new here, I hope someone can help with the following.
    I have just been offered a TA position in a local school having had no previous experience of working in schools. I have other skills that I'm hoping will be beneficial and bags of enthusiasm for the job, I would love to prove them right for employing me and am prepared to put in extra hours/work/whatever it takes. Also, I was hoping to prepare a little bit before starting in September hence this message.
    Would anyone be able to recommend any books/literature that you think are useful for the job that might be beneficial for me to read beforehand? Or if you can think of any other ways of preparing, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know,
    Thanks!!

3. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

Teaching Assistants: The Complete Handbook by Liz Hyrniewicz £18.16 from Amazon.
    Treat yourself to this book- its fantastic! Good Luck with your new job!

4. Thank you!!!