1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

recommendations for primary plans?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Teacher1212, May 21, 2011.

1. I am a primary co-ordinator and thought rather than spend my annual budget of £250 on more balls, hoops etc I would try and get some new planning schemes in. We mainly use Val Sabin from 2000 and it is a little dated. I thought about buying newer Val Sabin or another scheme althogether. Staff have said they would prefer gymnastic planning updated so I think I am going to focus on that this year. Any ideas for good gym primary plans?

Thanks

2. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

I seriously cannot recommend one.
    Val Sabin tries to get too much into one lesson. I recently came across a PE planning website which generated lesson plans automatically but again was full of rubbish that would only ever satisfy an OFSTED inspector not actually inspecting the physical lesson. Rawmarsh plans have been promoted but again too much info and not teacher friendly. Also read some of a Leicestershire SSPs ones which again were just very bad.
    I would seriously by something like the Classroom Gems PE book and write your own scheme. Book is £10 off Amazon. Would save you £240 to spend on something worthwhile.