1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for online printing of photographs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mangleworzle, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

As per title.

I have a load of pictures (100+) I want good quality prints of from digital photos on my computer. I had a look around and there seem to be lots of companies these days who will do this and post the prints to you surprisingly cheaply.

Have you used any of these, how good are they, how accurate are the pictures compared to the digital file?

I have a high quality printer and could do this at home but the cost would be a lot greater, if the quality is good enough, this would potentially be a much better way of doing things.

Thanking you in anticipation.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

All of these companies use automated systems and the quality is uniformly good. There is little difference between them in terms of quality unless you are savvy enough to prefer printing on Kodak rather than Fujifilm paper (for example) and the very subtle colour differences these have.

However, with online services and most high street providers such as Boots, there is no price negotiation for volume printing.

There is a print shop in the town near you - an independent - where you might be able to negotiate a discount.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  3. Devon Dumpling

Devon Dumpling New commenter

I have been a regular user of photobox for many years. Great pics, plus it quality checks the quality of the prints for you.
    Think your first few prints are free.

harsh-but-fair and Mangleworzle like this.
  4. maggie m

maggie m Lead commenter

Always look out for offers. I wait until I see one often 30% off and get a lot printed. All the big companies I have used produce gteat quality.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Thanks for your answers, most encouraging, it's many years since I had anything printed other than on my own printer and it sounds like quality has improved. I'm not necessarily after a bulk discount (though I won't say no). I shall investigate further.

Lol - I used that shop for another purpose not long ago, how could I forget!? Thanks for the reminder.

nomad likes this.
  6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Whoever you use, check and then double check that the formatting of the image on the photo paper is exactly what you want, by previewing it. I've had issues with overcropping before now. Best bet is add a plain border just in case.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  7. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

I have had some good results from Printerpix online. You can get them even cheaper with Groupon offers too.
    When life is normal, I also use a local, independent shop.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

We use Tesco. Take the card in with you.

9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Oh aye?