1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for Cottage/Holiday Lets

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Mar 28, 2012.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Sorry , no specific recommendations, but I did something similar for two special birthdays and it was wonderful. Good luck - I'm sure you'll find somewhere great. How about the Peak District.

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

What is your budget. I've seen one like that in Keswick Cumbria, big white modern house with lots of land around. Can't remember where I saw it though. I think it was on with both an agent like cumbrian cottages and on the keswick tourist information website. There were lots of other big ones, I just seem to remember this looked lovely in the pictures. Have a look on trip advisor, that is starting to review more and more holiday lets now.
    Other agents that operate wher you want is Sykes cottages. We have been with them and now go every year to the same place, though admittedly go directly with the owner now.

3. copycat

copycat Senior commenter

Hoseasons country cottages are always good and they have a number of larger properties.

4. Premier cottages are quite expensive but have some unusual properties and quite a lot of larger lets. I second the suggestion of the Peak District and have found peakcottages.com to be a good company. Both of these companies are quite flexible on start day and length of trip unlike cottages4you. Enjoy!

5. Lovely - these suggestions are great. Just what I wanted - I'll have a look now.
    Thanks so much for replying.
    x