1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for All Over Body Exfoliator Stuff

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilypot, Jan 29, 2012.

1. As the title suggests really. I broke my ankle and have been in cast for 3 weeks (and 3 weeks still to go). I can't wait to have a decent shower and get rid of all the dead skin that has built up but would like to treat myself to an exfoliator scrub or something that will really leave my skin smooth (and clean!).
    Any good suggestions?

2. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

Be careful though if you scrub areas that have been under a cast for 6 weeks because you could end up with very sore skin. I overdid it with the exfoliation when I had the cast off my arm and hand, and I was in a lot of discomfort.

3. Oh really? I didn't realise that. I had visions of being able to scrub away!
    Oh well - the rest of me needs a good exfoliation anyway as our shower is over the bath so I've not been able to use it and somehow, a bowl of water and soap just don't have the same effect!
    So, I'd still appreciate some recommendations. Thanks for your post though, Nutella.

4. A face flannel - one which is not brand new, of course - works perfectly well.

5. Problem with a face flannel is that it goes soft - I want something that's going to really 'scrub' and clean - maybe a scourer!
    Thanks for offer though.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

a handful of sea salt mixed in with your favourite bubble bath as a scrub

7. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

'The Breakfast Scrub' by Soap and Glory (available in most Boots shops) is delicious. It smells like maple syrup, has little scrubby oaty bits and sugar and leaves my skin feeling and looking smooth and silky. Unlike the other Soap and Glory scrub, it doesn't leave a greasy film on your skin, either.

8. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Lush, aqua mirabilis. Fantastic exfoliator, my favourite.xx :)

9. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

The Sanctuary body scrub is fab, does the job and lovely scent x

10. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

You know 'Apri' face scrub? Well they do a body scrub in a jar, which is similar but more coarse. It's mega.

11. Body shop shea butter body scrub - I find that it is not too harsh and leaves my skin moisturised/soft as well.

12. A nice soak in the bath and gently rubbing with a flannel will get the dead skin off, as advised don't scrub it'll be tender. I wouldn't even use an exfoliater until your skin has been exposed again for a while. Then just a really good moisturiser, my favourite is Palmers Cocoa Butter.

13. Try some dead sea salts in olive oil in the bath..I swear by it and make my own.

14. a loofah? or artificial equivalent? lasts for ages and much cheaper
    or a body brush - used before you get in the bath/under the shower

15. I have a big tub of the other soap and glory scrub and it's great but is a bit greasy. I got tubs of ted baker and **** scrubs for christmas (i must look like a lizard or something!) and both of those smell nice and are actually good exfoliators too. failing that, a body brush is good and gets the circulation going (i think you;re meant to brush towards your heart?).

hope you mend soon!