1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by djaye14, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am due to start a PGCE in September 2012.
    I want to start getting prepared for the TDA skills tests, especially as they are changing the amount of resits you can take and I'm fairly weak at mental maths if I'm given a time restriction!
    I was wondering if any of your trainee teachers could recommend any revision/practice books for the TDA Skills tests (especially maths) that I could start using? :)
    Thank you!

2. Also a science book please?

3. I wouldn't bother with the books, just use the practice exams (found at http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Numeracy/assessment_engine.html) and use gcse revision sites to brush up on your knowledge. I actually found that the practice tests were more difficult than the official test! Practice makes perfect with the timed questions.
    However if you do want to use a book then google qts skills on amazon, several books that I have heard good things about pop up