1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation for EAL courses please

Discussion in 'English' started by englishtt06, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. englishtt06

    englishtt06 Occasional commenter

    Hi. I know a little about this but you should post your question in the 'teaching overseas' forum on here as you will get many more responses.
  2. Thanks! I'm new to the site and didn't quite know where to start....I'll try over in the other forum :)
  3. You can generally teach English abroad without a qualification; however, to teach in the UK, you need something such as the CELTA. The intensive course is four weeks full time. You can study part time over three months. It costs about £1,000. The weekend courses aren't really worth the paper they are written on. If you only want to teach abroad, they may be a good starting point, otherwise, the CELTA is usually the way to go.
  4. Thanks for the info ce11ardoor, it's greatly appreciated! I've found a couple of CELTA courses near me....next hurdle is the cost! Thanks again :)

Share This Page