1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend Academic appointments for Yorkshire region

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by f.a.b, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi,

I just want to recommend Academic Appointments for the Yorkshire region, they are based in leeds.

I have had regular supply work from them since I registered and already on 3 days/week placements. Their service is great, very friendly and polite staff and they really go out of their way to help with directions to new schools etc
    Please, if you are from yorkshire and have not registered DO register today.

2. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Are you a recruitment consultant really?
    TBH I signed up with them and they were very friendly and professional, however in 4 months i had one possible job offer, which was completely unsuitable.
    Nice staff but waste of time if they aren't already in the schools in your area.

3. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

f.a.b. isn't a recruitment consultant. I too have had Academic Appointments recommended to me by a friend. They seem to work in a lot of schools in the York area, which isn't too far from me. I might well give them a call and see what they can do for me.
    I did recently join another agency apart from the one that rhymes with seed. I told Principal Resourcing to do one as they lied to me twice about my CRB and tried to charge me £50 for a new one. I sent them a cheque for £44 and they sent it back, saying it wasn't enough. I told them I didn't want to work for them. Not that they got me much work. They weren't happy when I said I wouldn't work for less than £130 a day. They wanted me to work as a CS for £60 or a supply teacher for £115 a day. Knickers, I say. Knickers!

4. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

I was in the York area, however from September it was notoriously quiet, and may be picking up now.