1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a Recipe

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Joi, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Joi

Joi New commenter

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/cheesy_mash_topped_bake_with_chicken_and_vegetables.html
    This is lovely, but I cut the chicken up into quite small pieces, use freshly cooked vegetables, not frozen, and the addition of a chopped red pepper to the onion really improves this recipe. Also I just put cheese on top of the mash rather than mixing it in.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Welcome to Cookery, disguise, you'll find this a friendly forum. Lots and lots of recipes, advice, questions and answers. Don't hesitate to ask anything, I'm sure one of us will know the answer.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Link doesn't work [​IMG]

4. Joi

Joi New commenter

Sorry...try again!

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/cheesy_mash_topped_bake_with_chicken_and_vegetables.html

5. Joi

Joi New commenter

Sorry...try again!

6. Had a lazy night tonight and used a season and shake bag by colemans... it was suprisingly tasty!

7. Welcome to 'Cookery', disguise!
    I've posted this numerous times, but I'm sure it can stand another airing. It's very, very easy to make and tastes incredible. You can serve it with rice, or potatoes - or just eat it on its own.
    <u>Sweet Spiced Lamb</u>
    Hands-on time: 15min; cooking time: around 2hr; serves 4
    • 1.5tbsp olive oil
    • 700g lamb neck fillet, cut into thick rounds
    • 1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
    • 1 large sweet potato, cut into large chunks
    • 5cm piece fresh root ginger, finely grated
    • 2tbsp mild curry paste
    • 1tbsp ground paprika
    • 150ml white wine
    • 400g can chopped tomatoes
    • 3tbsp mango chutney
    • 100g baby spinach leaves
    1. Preheat the oven to 170C (150C fan oven), gas mark 3. Heat the oil in a shallow, ovenproof casserole over a medium heat and fry the lamb for 6-8min until browned on all sides. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
    2. Add the onion, sweet potato and ginger and fry in the lamb juices for 4-5min until the onion is golden - add a little water if it starts to stick. Stir in the curry paste and paprika and fry for 1min, then return the lamb to the casserole.
    3. Add the wine, tomatoes, chutney and 150ml water. Bring to the boil, season and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook in the oven for 1.5hr or until the lamb is meltingly tender.
    4. Stir in the baby spinach just before serving.
    470cals, 23g fat (of which 8g saturates), 25g carbs per serving
    <u>Tips</u>
    This uses neck fillet of lamb, which needs long, slow cooking - not to be confused with fillet, which cooks in minutes and will become tough as old boots if left in the oven for too long.
    Brown the meat and veg well. The better the colour, the better the flavour of the finished dish

8. Joi

Joi New commenter

We've just eaten this, Manashee, thanks very much for the recipe. Easy to make and delicious!!

9. Hi everyone - any recommendations for recipes involving red lentils? I recently decided I really like them but the only thing I know to do is make them into a dhal or add them to casserole?!

10. Let me do a quick search - a recipe was posted on here a couple of years ago and has become one of my standards...

11. Here you go:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/418093/5715771.aspx#5715771
    I wholeheartedly recommend it (I sometimes add some chicken).
    Others things I do with red lentils:
    Make little lentil burgers.
    Red lentil and carrot soup.
    Red lentil and tomato soup.
    I also have a lovely warm lentil salad recipe - I will have to dig it out and get back to you. I learnt it at a work's cookery event (I think I posted it, so if you do a search you may find it quicker than I do)

12. Thanks very much CQ! I will give some of these a try .