1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

recommend a course provider please!

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by af2006, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am looking for a good quality course, Early Years and SEN, looking at speech and language, outdoor provision, literacy and numeracy! Can anyone let me know of some good courses they have been on, in the north of England please!

2. I have not been on a course in this area, but I have attended two Osiris courses (they have a website you could look at[​IMG]) and found them both useful, they run them in Manchester which might be helpful. There are other course providers too, but I have not tried any recently.

3. many thanks for your reply1

4. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Hmmm, Osiris educational - £299 plus VAT. Will be giving that a miss if it's coming out of my pocket.

5. That's fair enough, but there was no suggestion that the poster would be paying for their own cpd...I buy and borrow lots of books and get cpd that way too much cheaper -(many books can be purchased for a hundred pounds, but sometimes a day's cpd out of school is very helpful. I have found cheaper courses work out a false economy any way and there are often less effective...but that may be just my experience. If i get one or two days training a year I want it to be good. They have people like Guy Claxon and Bill Rogers running training. Perhaps you have a better suggestion that is cheaper, if so why not share it.[​IMG]

6. Hi there,
    Why not check out our website:
    http://osiriseducational.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=early+years
    for full details on all the courses we run.
    Courses are held in : London, Manchester and Birmingham.
    If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to answer your questions.
    Many thanks