1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Reclaiming Council Tax due to incorrect banding

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MarilynDan, Jun 25, 2012.

  1. MarilynDan

    MarilynDan New commenter

    You can't ask for 'my band to be lowered', only for a 'reassesment', which means your band could be moved up as well as down.
    Copied from the link below........... (money supermarket)

  2. HHm. Needs careful consideration I think. Thanks Marilyn.
  3. MarilynDan

    MarilynDan New commenter

    I only knew about that link because we were cold called (by phone) last week, you know the type of call........... 'we've spoken to five of your neighbours and they are all interested in letting us sort this out for them'.
    Hubby did his own research and discovered that we had no chance of changing for a lesser banding. The fact that we'd had a large extension downstairs and an en-suite added upstairs (six years ago) gave us the distinct feeling that it would be best avoided!
    It wouldn't have been hard to ask all our 10 neighbours if they had actually spoken to these people either. I have my doubts as no one I've spoken to has mentioned anything.

Share This Page