1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reclaiming Chinese Pension Contributions?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by IAMBOG, Mar 5, 2016.

1. IAMBOG

IAMBOG New commenter

2. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Interesting

3. miss303

miss303 New commenter

My husband was able to do this and claim back taxes I think when we left but he worked for a huge multinational company with a dedicated global mobility department. I am not sure how many international schools would be able to support this as I assume it takes a billion trips to different offices all accompanied by a local member of the admin staff (and possible several boxes of cigarettes). I certainly didn't manage to do this!

4. musikteech

musikteech Occasional commenter

How much do Chinese international schools pay teachers? Would 20000rmb be about the most you can get?

5. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

Dear musikteech, surely you have been on this forum long enough to know that is not a very sensible question. There is not a set rate for 'international teachers' anywhere!

There is a wide range of pay rates across the world depending on a wide range of variables. Please try and be a bit more precise in your request for information!

6. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Actually that is probably the least (per month) that a qualified and experienced teacher should accept in China (not including housing allowance etc.).

7. IAMBOG

IAMBOG New commenter

I would say 20,000 is the least plus housing (minimum of 7,000) flights and medical.

The worst I've heard is 15,500 plus 6,000.

8. IAMBOG

IAMBOG New commenter

...........but why would you ask that question on a thread about pension withdrawal?

9. musikteech

musikteech Occasional commenter

I don't really know. Maybe I should have started a new thread. 20000RMB is about 20K sterling so not too bad.

10. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Actually, 20K RMB is around 2100 sterling (a month). So, that would be around 25K sterling per year. So, no, not too bad (better if it's net and much better if you also receive a nice housing allowance).