1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reciprocal Reading In KS1 and EYFS

Discussion in 'English' started by sparkleyteach, Aug 12, 2015.

1. sparkleyteach

sparkleyteach New commenter

Hi there,

I would like to try this approach in my school in EYFS and KS1 even though Reciprocal Reading is usually done higher up the year groups. Does anyone have advice on how this could work in EYFS and KS1? The reason I would like to do this is to encourage the children to talk more about the text and have a greater impact on their use of language, thinking skills and comprehension skills. Also, I would like to encourage using whole texts but not sure if my school is able to buy a text for each child. How are other teachers using whole texts during guided reading effectively? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you :)

2. jennikdesouza

jennikdesouza New commenter

Hi sparkleyteach - did you ever receive any replies on this? Or can you offer me any advice? I am unsure as to how it would 'look' in Early Years - thinking about the skills required for this level of group work....

Thanks

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

I think you'll get more responses on the primary forum.
    Also, are you only concerned with 'reading' from the page. Perhaps with pre-literate students, you could also think about using oral / aural / visual texts to practice the skills mentioned.