1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Recipes for dozymare

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, May 8, 2012.

1. I am new to the cookery forum and have really enjoyed reading this thread.
    Dozy you have achieved so much in less than a year! I have written down some of the suggested recipes, going to make Nick's chocolate pud today and the soup! I'm drooling too!

2. PS here is an easy pudding recipe a friend gave me.
    One pint double cream
    One pint natural yoghurt
    Brown sugar
    Walnuts(optional)
    Whip cream until soft peaks, add yoghurt whip again until quite thick.
    Put into glass serving bowl.
    Sprinkle on a good layer of sugar then place in fridge for at least 2 hours
    Can put nuts on top to decorate if desired!
    That's it tastes yummy!

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Honestly, Magmac, if I can make a meal with real ingredients then anyone can!
    The pud sounds delicious

4. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

Chorizo Carbonara - serves 2

Adapted from Nigella's pasta carbonara in How to Eat. One of Mr W's favourites.

Ingredients: pasta, chorizo, an egg and an egg yolk, Parmesan, juice of 1-2 lemons depending on taste and juiciness

Skin and slice chorizo. Dry fry until semi crispy and drain.

Meanwhile, put the pasta on to cook - gluten free pasta only takes six minutes, so I boil a kettle, then pour into a saucepan, add the pasta and allow an extra minute for bringing back to the boil.

Mix together the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, Parmesan and plenty of black pepper.

Once the pasta is done, drain, then return to the pan on a very low light. Mix pasta, lemony egg mixture and chorizo until it thickens slightly.

Serve in warm bowls with extra Parmesan if you're feeling flush.

It literally is ten minutes from fridge to table. Enjoy.

5. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

6. dozymare1957

Hi Laff
    I went for the chilli first - CQs recipe. Nick's sausages are great too. I haven't done any of the fish ones because my youngest son won't eat fish.
    There are also recipes on a thread called soft bland food which I also started

7. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

I make mine with marmite stock instead of beef stock so it's vegetarian. Tastes gorgeous!

8. dozymare1957

Marmite stock? Is that actual stock or do you use Marmite as stock?

9. I use marmite too. It adds a richness which replaces the meat. You can add it to a meat stock too.
    Just remember not to add any salt.
    I have spent months trying to find out if marmite is really vegan (quorn, e.g. is not). But it is. Apart from the fact that it belongs to a naff conglomerate I would rather boycott - I am still pondering on that one xx

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It depends if you count yeast as a living creature!!

11. Not quite - it depends on how it is cultivated.

12. dozymare1957

Hi CQ. Lovely to hear from you. I hope you are well. I saw that you had lost another friend. I'm so sorry.

13. Thanks, dozy.
    Yes, sad, But life goes on and my life is still good xxx