1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception to Year 1 transition

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jennisewell, May 27, 2011.

1. Sorry my email address is
    beverley_bland@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks again x

2. Hi I am teaching year 1 as of reception znd would love a copy of your planning too...chloehannah@hotmail.co.uk
    thanks so much!

3. Elsie Teacher

Elsie Teacher New commenter

I agree with you, Besticanbe. Year 1 is magical. I've just tried to write a transition policy with the other Year 1 teacher, who likes a more formal approach and will only let them play in the afternoons, as 'They have all their Literacy and Numeracy to do in the mornings!' She's not quite getting it! Please could you send me your info?
    Thanks.
    lisa@andyclough.plus.com

4. leepetzer

leepetzer New commenter

Me too please! i have spend the last 6 years in ks2 and now moving to year 1 so help will be greatly appreciated! leepetzer@gmail.com

thanks Lee Anne

5. Hi there, sorry to bombard you, I am nearing the end if my NQT year but have thankfully been offered a year 1 position. I too am suffering from the transition nerves, I love the prospect of allowing independent activities and embrace child initiated activities wherever possible. If you have the time could you pass on some valuable tips/ resources etc. Thank you very much. rebeccareid24@gmail.com

6. I have just heard that I have Year 1 in September. It will be my NQT year and, so far, all of my experience has been upper KS2. I'm sorry to add to your load and hope that I'm not too late, but please, please,please will you email me too?

suzanne.kingston@ntlworld.com

Many thanks!

7. Hi,
    I have just come across the posts on this forum. I am going to be an NQT in September and really excited about having a year 1 class. I wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any useful information you have on transition and effective play-based & independent learning please, as well as things to think about for the first week of term - would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind please?
    Many thanks.

8. Hi Bestitcanbe

I am moving from a Y1/2 down to a Y1 and I want to build around a continuous play environment too, what you've set up sounds amazing. We are moving from mixed to single age classes and I've only just began to learn about KS1 again, a lot has changed. Can you send me the details too? Have you set up any ideas on topics for Year 1, I would like my children to be enthused and excited. My email is maria-e@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you again
    Elena

9. Hello wow I am an NQT in the process of looking for a job. I have an interview for a Y1 post and this was a question I thought about! If you have time would it be possible to email me the information that you have? It would be much appreciated (KS1) is where my heart is! Thankyou.

10. Hi,
    I have just come across the posts on this forum. I am going to be an NQT in September and I'm really excited about having a year 1 class. I wondered if it would be possible for you to send me any useful information you have on transition and effective play-based & independent learning please, as well as things to think about for the first week of term - would be really interested and very appreciative if you wouldn't mind please?
    My email is Nicolar89@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks.

11. Hi, have just read your post about transition from EY to Y1. It sounds very successful. Although I have been teaching for many years I am always open to new ideas and how you plan it. Would you e-mail me anything that you think might help please? My e-mail address is shirleyherod@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks!

12. Hi there, is there any chance I could have a copy. Intrigued to see how you incorporate Lit and numeracy into the transition. Many thanks
    louise_o_mahony@hotmail.com

13. Would love to read your stuff too as moving to Yr1 after years of KS2. Thank you.

14. nhannett

nhannett New commenter

Hi, if possible could you e-mail me too? I've taught KS2 and YR, but I'm moving to Year 1 in September and I'm trying to work out how to combine the 2 different styles of teaching / learning. mrsnhannett@hotmail.co.uk Thank you x

15. Hi I am a year 3 teacher moving to year 1 and I'm finding it a little overwhelming at the moment. Is there any chance that some one could email me the plans from BestIcanbe please. x
    elizabethbailey1@hotmail.co.uk

16. Hi I am very interested to see any of your ideas on play based learning in Year 1 as I am about to
    start my GTP in a Year 1 class and I am concerned about how to cover the required curriculum, also not looking forward to all those observations!! ( I mean observations of me!!)
    thanks for any help you can give me. x

17. nc_marsden

nc_marsden New commenter

Hi, im in the same boat and ANTHING would be greatly appreciated?
    Thanks nc_marsden@hotmail.com