1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception to Year 1 transition

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jennisewell, May 27, 2011.

1. Hello BestIcanbe,

Your teaching sounds amazing, I am going into my second year with year 1 and I would love to make it to run more like EYFS. Please could you send me any info/plans that may be useful. I am also expecting ofsted in the autumn term and I'm sure they will be looking for a smooth transition from FS to 1.

Hope you don't mind, here is my email

ro_400@hotmail.com

Many thanks,

Rochelle

2. Hello BestIcanbe,

Any chance I could have a copy of your info too please. I taught Yr 1 last year but would live ideas on how to link better with the EYFS and make the transition easier for my children. My e-mail is cmather77@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

That might spoil the fun. So many new posters ...

4. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I don't think she's there h - b - f. She provides a pretty good explanation on p1 and Comenius has posted her planning on resources. I have posted links to helpful books to see how to adapt the approach to their own classes. But ho hum.

5. Hi, hope you are still e-mailing your fantastic - sounding planning. I will have Y1 in Sept and was hoping to things a little differently, and your ideas sound great. Please send me anything you still have, I realise this has been going on a while now.

Thanks

sm.edwards@ntlworld.com

6. Hi,

This sounds really interesting to me as i am a new teacher to year 1. I want my classroom to work like you have said above. I know you posted this a while ago however if you get this please can you send me any info you have? My email is j.houghtonwalsh@gmail.com.

Thanks

7. If still available, be great to have a look.

lucyg1974@hotmail.com

8. After 2 years teaching Year 1 it would be very interesting to see your planning and how you go about the transition from EY to Year 1. I hope you are still replying, many thanks

lphillips1606@aol.co.uk

9. Hi Besticanbe,

I am moving from Y4 to Y1 this Sept and would appreciate any help if you are still emailing it out. Thanking you in advance.

nadiaditta1@msn.com

10. Hi! Can I jump on the bandwagon and ask for a copy please?

clairelandon@msn.com

Thanks!

11. aawesome

aawesome New commenter

Hi BestIcanbe, I see that you put this post on in 2011 and it is now 2013:)! I wondered if you still had a copy of the info to help make my year 1 class more eyfs. I would really appreciate it. Could you send it to my address wendysemelowitz@googlemail.com I would really appreciate it and hopefully it's not too late. Many thanks.

12. Hi everyone, have just stumbled on this blog. Know it's an old one but situations don't really change! I am a mature NQT and have just got my first job starting Sept 2014 in a year 1 class. Love the idea of EYFS and its style but confused and very nervous on how to implement this in the first half term of the year. BestIcanbe, you sound where I want to be right now, knowledgeable and experienced and knowing how to succeed in this area. Please can you advise : )

13. vannie

vannie Star commenter

And has she replied to anyone since 2011? Seriously. Just think about the challenges that your class need, provide them with the materials and get on with it. You'll paralyse yourself if you start thinking that a mythical document from 2011 is the holy grail. Take a look at Comenius's planning on resources.....

14. Hello BestIcanbe, I have found your post and am aware it is rather old now, but I am also an NQT for year one and love the idea of the EY working style. If you still keep any of these provisions or any updates, I would be very grateful! julieanncox@outlook.com

15. janie11

janie11 New commenter

Please can you email me too!

16. coolteacher98

coolteacher98 New commenter

Hi there. I'm an NQT with my first Y1 class this September. I'm actually teaching the 2 weeks of transition in July also and would love some tips on how to achieve that effect play-based environment. Thanks so much: pearsonalicesophie@gmail.com

17. vannie

vannie Star commenter

[​IMG]
    It was 5 years ago. Why not try this book instead? The curriculum has changed since she posted anyway. Just think about your class and what they need. One size fits all fits nobody.

18. vanessabotley

vanessabotley New commenter

Hi, I am going to be new to year 1 in September and would really appreciate looking at your play based approach to learning. Please could you email me vanessabotley@hotmail.com

19. garem

garem New commenter

I doubt you will get a reply. As @Vannie has pointed out @BestIcanbe has not responded for 4 years. This thread is 7 years old!

vannie likes this.