1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception to Year 1 transition

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jennisewell, May 27, 2011.

1. This sounds great! I know this conversation was a long time ago but it's sounds really interesting and I was wondering if you could send me the same or anything that will help me in my new job as a year 1 teacher.

2. Hi there

Just saw this discussion and would love any information you might have.

Thanks so much.

My email is

rebecca@arnetthills.herts.sch.uk

3. Hi BestIcanbe,

I have just read this forum. I will be teaching a year 1 class from September which I am really nervous about!! At this moment in time I am struggling on how to organise my class for a smooth transition for the children moving from reception. Your approach seems very interesting. Would you mind sharing your info with me. My email address is Krazybee1@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

4. Could you also send me your plans?

Many thanks

acheason@dolphin84.co.uk

5. Hello BestIanbe!!

I'm starting out as an NQT in year 1 and, having trained in Key Stage 2, I'm feeling very apprehensive!

I'd be so grateful if you could also please email me your resources/plans.

Thanks!

6. Hi,

I would be also really interested to see how this works and would love for you to send me your information if possible. Thank you :)

tash_bubbleangel@hotmail.com

7. Hi, BestIcanbe :)

I would be very grateful to have a peep at your Yr1 Plans that you have been kindly sharing. Your enthusiasm is infectious! Thank you in advanced if this is at all possible.

nikkidm-t@hotmail.co.uk

8. EricDraven

EricDraven New commenter

Hi BestIanbe,

I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else here, Y3 going down to Y1. I would very much appreciate a copy of any resources you don't mind sharing.

ras@uniofyorkspace.net

9. I would appreciate a copy of your plans please, I am going to be teaching year one in September my email address is everinghamelaine@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you in advance

10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Have any of you tried PM ing her? Just wondering like. Maybe having a think about what might work for YOUR kids? There are plans in the resources section and books you can read.

11. vannie

vannie Star commenter

This came highly recommended. I have been using it this year. Very clear explanation about how to implement an EY approach in Y1.

[​IMG]

12. Hi BestIcanbe,

Sorry I know you've been inundated with responses but I was hoping you'd email me too! We're completely changing our Year 1 this year to be more EY free flow style so would love to incorporate some of your ideas! Thank you, Emily

Email: emi.kingston@gmail.com

13. Sounds great! I would me most grateful if you could email info to me too - jo.broyd@gmail.com

14. Hi bestIcanbe,

Your classroom practise sounds perfect! I am always struggling to think of new ideas for continuous provision. We are also getting a new outdoor area over the summer, something I am a little unsure about. If you have anything about continuous provision or outdoor provision you could send me I would be extremely grateful!

ince.emma@googlemail.com

Thank you x

15. Hi BestIcanbe, I'm going into my second year teaching Year 1 and would love to try something less formal, your approach sounds great!

I know it must be a pain sending all of these emails, but could I also ask for a copy?

and_rid@yahoo.com

Thank you!!!

16. Hi there, Besticanbe. I too am moving to Y1 after many years teaching older children & am very excited but want to make sure I get the transition period right for my littlies. If it's not too much trouble I would also love a copy of your brilliant sounding plans. Please email me at: sarahjanebamber@gmail.com and thank you so much for your kind words.

17. Please can you email me info as well? Your ideas sound great. I'm an experienced teacher having taught across the primary age range (Y6 for many years) but for the past two I've been teaching a mixed Y1 and 2 class, so would welcome any more ideas on transition from Foundation to KS1. e.szulc@sasj.lancs.sch.uk :)

18. My address is sandypants2@hotmail.com (don't laugh!) Hope you can send me some details too as I am just ending my NQT year and would love to do things differently this year...thanks in advance for any help and advise for how to organise the class like this...

19. I have been trying to find a solution to the transition question ever since I moved into Yr R and realised how much Year 1s are missing out on if transition isn't right. I would be very grateful for any of your ideas.

Many thanks. bea_webby@hotmail.com

20. PLease can you e.mail me the info as well. I am moving down to Y1 from Y2 in September and want to try to ensure a smooth transition for the children from Reception class.

Thank you so much - hope this is not infringing on your holiday - we have 4 more days to go

rose.galvin@btopenworld.com