1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception to Year 1 transition

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jennisewell, May 27, 2011.

1. Hi I am new to year one also this year and would love any help if you are still e-mailing it out. Thanks so much.
    ruthbamber@hotmail.co.uk
    [​IMG]

2. Hi BestIcanbe,

I am a NQT and new year 1 and feeling very overwhelmed and nervous at the moment!! If you are still sending out info please could you send it to me too... shereeck@hotmail.com

Any tips for the first few days/week would be much appreciated!!

Thank you :)

3. Hi BestIcanbe

I know this is a really old post but if you are still about to email out info on the free flow Yr1 I would really appreciate it. I started today as an NQT in Year 1 but all my previous experience has been in upper key stage 2 so I am looking for as many ideas as possible to ease their transition from reception (and mine from year 6!)

mantha1981@gmail.com

Many Thanks
    Mantha

4. olo

olo

hi, you couldnt email me too could you please

liz.pallett.123@gmail.com

many thanks x

5. Hi,
    I am an overwhelmed newbie to Year 1. Would you please email me the info too? Kind regards :)
    shin_dig@hotmail.com

6. I would love to see your plans and ideas too. I have just begun a PPA cover role in a very creative, skills-based school and am searching for inspiration to help my Y1s have their magical year. As I cover Reception, Y1 and Y2, I want to help the transition process as much as possible. Your post was just what I have been looking for - judging by all the positive response, maybe you should write a book!

rpjones72@hotmail.com

7. I'm really envious of all you Year 1 teachers who are being allowed to plan like this. After almost 3 years of working in this way and developing a lovely outdoor area our new head says this approach is no longer acceptable practice. The photocopier is now my most used resource. I actually feel like crying some mornings!

8. Moving to Y1 in January and would also love to see your planning if it's not too late.
    Thanks so much.
    mrsnataliebarrett@gmail.com

9. This sounds exactly like the arrangement we are discussing for our year ones but struggling with. I would be very grateful if you could forward your amazing info on to me, or point me in the right direction if it is uploaded anywhere.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Emma.
    Emma.lukey@btinternet.com

10. Hi there,
    I'm not sure if you are still happy to email these plans out but thought I couldn't lose anything by asking and I'm really struggling as an NQT in year one at the moment. Would be hugely greateful.
    rosy15_6@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks
    Rosy

11. Hi,
    I am looking into Reception to year one transition and would be really interested to see how you do it.
    Please can you email me?
    Thanks

12. Hi ..
    Are these still available? Would love to have some resources on EY style in Y1.
    parveenkausar@gmail.com

13. I've just read this post and I too am going to be new to Y1 and would very much welcome any guidance about play based Y1 classrooms if I may?

14. Hi, I will be an NQT in Y1 in September and any planning or advice anyone may have would be very much appreciated! Most of my university placements were in KS2!

Thanks.

hannah88@hotmail.co.uk

15. tictactoe1

tictactoe1 New commenter

Wow! Basically a 20 page thread from 2 years ago. I'm not sure if you're still around/still have the plans but if you are and you don't mind sharing... j.m.yesil@googlemail.com

16. I would really love to look at what you're doing. I'm moving into Year 1 and I'm really looking forward to it but I'd love some advice on how to run a play based classroom but ensure the children are achieving highly.

My email address is nikkileanne@yahoo.com Thank you very much :)

17. Oh my gosh I can believe how many requests you have had! I am so inspired by your ideas and would love to have a similar style. I know this is rather old now and you are probably finding it tedious but if at all possible could you email me too? jancylee@gmail.com

18. would you please email me your plans too

nita_khanna@hotmail.com

19. Hi BestIcanbe,

Your post of 2 years ago seems really interesting...I am moving from year 2 to year 1 this year and would really like some ideas on creating a play based learning with children achieving highly. Would it be possible for you to email me the plans as well ...I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. My email address is ndosreiscolaco@gmail.com