1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Teacher Skype interview

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by adelerose94, Mar 31, 2020.

1. adelerose94

adelerose94 New commenter

I have an interview on Friday for a reception class which is happening over Skype. Instead of a teaching observation, I have been asked to prepare a 5 minute interview on the topic "We have to get it right in the early years, we can't afford not to".

I plan to make a presentation on prezzi and sharing my screen with the interview panel, covering theorists of education, my own pedagogy and my own opinions of the topic with examples from my teaching. I want to show off my personality and my passion for the early years but also I want to be formal at the same time.

I'm just looking for advice how to approach the presentation as this is something I have not done before.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

If you can do all that technology and speak passionately about the topic, then you'll have no trouble being successful.
    I have no advice, but wish you the best of luck.

adelerose94 likes this.
  3. adelerose94

Thank you! Hopefully I can pull it all off

4. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

Hope it goes well! I'm sure your personality and passion for the early years will shine through.

adelerose94 likes this.
  5. adelerose94

Thank you! Just doing the last bit of research and preparations.