1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Starter Packs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nicholaj69, May 11, 2011.

1. After teaching in the junior department for 5 years, my head has decided that i need a challenge and is moving me to reception!!! Not only is the move daunting enough but now i need to to produce a welcome/starter pack for parents. Anyone any ideas on where to start?

2. could you not speak to the current reception teacher aboutwhat they would include?
    andwhat they currently do?

3. My daughter starts in YR this September. I would like: photos of appropriate school uniform, rather than a long-winded list that makes no sense (who sells black trainers for girls at a decent price?!), a decent list of what other equipment she'll need (PE bag, book bag, water bottle etc), an idea of which books will be sent home and what to do with them (e.g. look at punctuation, talk about the pictures etc), help with phonics (most non-teachers do not have clue!) and an example of the school's handwriting scheme so we know how she will be expected to write.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

This is what I would do.