1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ucan2, Sep 2, 2011.

1. How detailed is your planning? A I am new to reception I kind of want to 'go with the flow' with the new chn so I can see where they are at, how much they can do, see where their interest lie etc. Previous planning I was given seems very detailed - not very flexible. What do you do?

2. How detailed is your planning? A I am new to reception I kind of want to 'go with the flow' with the new chn so I can see where they are at, how much they can do, see where their interest lie etc. Previous planning I was given seems very detailed - not very flexible. What do you do?

3. Hi
    I've downloaded loads of different plans off the TES resouces section and have looked at how different people do it. I've put it in a folder on my computer as a reference. I'm just stuck on what format to go with as I don't want 7 bits of paper to print out each week.
    I think you've got to remember to keep it manageable, otherwise you will just dread doing it.
    i aren't going to plan 'officially' until after the first two weeks transition/assessmenst. Your assessments need to inform your planning don't forget e.g if lots of your kids don't know all their colours you need to include that in your planning, similarly if lots of them can recognise and maybe even write their names you need to plan next steps for that!
    Assessment always comes before planning!
    Louise

4. Thanks for that - I will have a look on resources. What do you use to record initial assessments - do you have a tick sheet/highlighty form or something?

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

6. That's a great help thanks - just a little bit more reading for me!!!
    Hace you taught reception long Msz?

7. Msz

I left reception 18 months ago to move into Y2 after 20ish years teaching reception (I've had mixed classes R?Y1 in that time but mostly straight reception and the last 7 years in a FSU)

8. Msz
    Oops I've just seen your 'me me me' thread - now I'm hanging my head in shame!!!!
    I haven't actually asked for anyone's plans though - I have done my own all by myself, so I'm not so bad?!

9. Msz

Ucan the "me me me" thread isn't about people asking for help (we all need that sometimes) but about people not reading replies, so that the thread just becomes a list of email addresses which incidently isn't a good idea ... use PMs if you want to swap emails or you will find yourself drowning in spam.