1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Planning; Hamilton or Abacus Evolve?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by moomin73, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am returning to teach in Reception after 2 1/2 years in Nursery and am at a quandry as to which planning to use or to use both??? The previous teacher did her own thing and I have done in the past but I quite like some of their ideas and materials but don't know whether to combine them both and add bits of my own stuff or am I making life harder for myself.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    xx[​IMG]

2. Hi,
    I am returning to teach in Reception after 2 1/2 years in Nursery and am at a quandry as to which planning to use or to use both??? The previous teacher did her own thing and I have done in the past but I quite like some of their ideas and materials but don't know whether to combine them both and add bits of my own stuff or am I making life harder for myself.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    xx[​IMG]

3. I've got access to both but use neither !! I spent far to long changing it to suit my class that I just do my own thing now !

4. I dont like abacus evolve either, just seems like a scheme of work for the sake of it to have because the rest of the school are using it. I tried it last year but wont be again.