1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception job after 2years out of eyfs. What are current buzz words/topics??

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mel9285, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hi

I started my teaching career in reception then moved to yr 1 for a year and I am now on maternity leave so have been out of reception for 2years. I have seen a job I really want to go for but feel completely out of it. Scary after being on maternity and not in the school bubble. I know there is a new eyfs from September but what are the current hot topics in reception at the mo. obviously I will do research before walk round and interview (if I get on) but would love a little helping hand.

Thank you

2. Hi

I started my teaching career in reception then moved to yr 1 for a year and I am now on maternity leave so have been out of reception for 2years. I have seen a job I really want to go for but feel completely out of it. Scary after being on maternity and not in the school bubble. I know there is a new eyfs from September but what are the current hot topics in reception at the mo. obviously I will do research before walk round and interview (if I get on) but would love a little helping hand.

Thank you

3. No practical advice here mel but Good Luck! I feel for you. Have faith in yourself and when you are interviewed say how being a mother has enhanced your knowledge of developmental learning. It makes you much more 3D don't you think?

4. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Continuous provision, outside learning, profile...knowing your data to back-up any assessment decisions made!
    Seriously though, not much has changed, but things will be a-foot soon. Good luck and have confidence in yourself.

5. Thanks guys!