1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Jack and the Beanstalk lesson ob

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lemonyk, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Our current theme in reception is traditional tales and next week we will be looking at Jack and the Beanstalk. I am being observed in a CLL focus so does anyone have any ideas as to a good lesson that I could do? My children have done a lot of retelling and creating their own versions of other traditional tales so I am wondering if there are any other activities which could be suitable. Any ideas that you have would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. Our current theme in reception is traditional tales and next week we will be looking at Jack and the Beanstalk. I am being observed in a CLL focus so does anyone have any ideas as to a good lesson that I could do? My children have done a lot of retelling and creating their own versions of other traditional tales so I am wondering if there are any other activities which could be suitable. Any ideas that you have would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

3. you could write letters to Jack's mum from Jack (sorry for selling the cow, but wow an amazing thing happened!) or they could write their own version of the book. If you've already done the retelling part then this would follow nicely.

4. how about hot seating? the children could work in pairs and think of questions to ask the characters, either you or some of the chidlren be the characters?