1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception interview/observation for NQT

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sgnqt17, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sgnqt17

sgnqt17 New commenter

Hi

I have been invited for an observation and interview.

The information I have been given is that I need to plan and deliver a 20 minute writing activity to a group of six, mixed ability (emerging 40-60months to secure 40-60months) Reception Year pupils.

Any ideas of something exciting that I could do? This is my 4th observation for my NQT year and would love to get started.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

You must have some ideas to start withwith. Are you moving age groups?
    Have a think about what you would like to cover, look at the EYFS for the 40 to 60 band to give you the pitch and then go from there. Maybe a story ? Or would you prefer a list, or labelling something? You have to own your idea so you need to start the thinking off then others can help you develop it.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. sgnqt17

sgnqt17 New commenter

I had originally thought of a story but I feel like that may be difficult in the 20 minutes that I have. With the group being mixed ability I know it might take some of the children a while to do their writing. I am used to spending 45 minutes on a literacy session.