1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception end of year (celebration of learning) school assembly - HELP!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sararitchie, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Hi there, my class are due to do an end of year assembly (reception) that parents are coming to. The assembly is whole school and needs to last 20 - 30 mins and I am totally stuck!! Please help, it needs to be a celebration of learning from thoughout the year, any ideas? Also, I was looking for a kind of goodbye song, maybe about going into a new class or something, that the children could sing?

Please please help!!
    Thanks, Sara

2. Hi there, my class are due to do an end of year assembly (reception) that parents are coming to. The assembly is whole school and needs to last 20 - 30 mins and I am totally stuck!! Please help, it needs to be a celebration of learning from thoughout the year, any ideas? Also, I was looking for a kind of goodbye song, maybe about going into a new class or something, that the children could sing?

Please please help!!
    Thanks, Sara

3. Please help, any ideas welcome :)

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Calm down, calm down.....
    What have they learnt during the past year over the six areas? Be systematic. Pick out the high points. Sing a couple of songs. Demonstrate something scientific. A bit of role play to show how nice they are to each other. Have a giant number line or something to show how good they are at counting on and back. Sing a phonics song. Get good readers to read aloud. Act out astory they've enjoyed...

the list is endless. Just be a total sargeant major during rehearsals and insist on clear voices and you'll be well away.

5. Awe thanks, I've never done whole school assembly before as NQT argh. Our topic now is 'my senses' - have you any ideas of story books that we could act out or read aloud? The other reception classes are doing Peepo and Peace at last so can't do those...

6. How about Charlie and Lola's 'I will not ever eat a tomato'!!
    or The very hungry caterpillar, or you could adapt the toddler books 'that's not my . . .' to incorporate touch. E.G that's not our class teddy, it's too rough, bumpy, smelly etc.

7. As you mention a good bye song, it could be like this...
    Good bye( your name) good bye (your name) good bye (your name) were glad you taught us this year.
    Good bye (your assistant's name) good bye (your assistant name) good bye (your assistant name) were glad you taught us this year.

8. We had our end of year concert today and we did the story of Tiddler and then for the end song we changed the words for 'If I were a butterfly then I'd thank you for giving me wings' and at the end we sang 'And I just thank you (we named our school) for making me me'. If you e mail me I can send you the words to the song . denise.croucher@btinternet.com[​IMG]

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

All the best, OP. One's first assembly is always a bit nerve-wracking.
    [​IMG]

10. Would you mind sending me the 'if i were a butterfly words. Thank you very much. Dawn.
    md.platt@tiscali.co.uk

11. Just done a lovely alphabet assembly with reception. Each letter represented something we have done, a power point to support with photos and lots of fun! Can email powerpoint if you want!
    Regards
    Sue

12. sue could i get a copy of your powerpoint please, it sounds lovely
    thanks,
    charlie
    charlinc@yahoo.co.uk

13. I would be really grateful to have a look at your powerpoint too. Thanks JMS
    email J.Samuels86@ tiscali .co.uk

14. Ooh me too please it sounds interesting

sonicwaffle @ hotmail.co.uk

15. Am just doing My Reception class assembly and am basing it on 'growing up'. The children have all painted a picture of what they want to be when they grow up and are going to act it out. Then then are going to talk about what they are good at and some of them are going to show some of their talents ( abit like Britains Got talent) The children are most excited about singing, dancing, telling jokes, saying nursery rhymes etc that they keep asking each day if it is our assembly yet!!!
    Oh yeh we are also ending with a song about being a big star set to I'm a little tea pot tune which goes:-
    I'm a liitle shining star
    Growing bigger every night
    When I leave reception I will shout
    I'm a star so you'd better watch out.
    Hope this is of some help to you
    Sarah

16. Hi.
    Could you send me a copy of your powerpoint please?? It sounds great.

17. Could you send me a copy of your powerpoint please?? It sounds great! aem58@aol.com Thanks