1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception class planning - please, please help!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by biliboi, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Bit of a surprise seeing this post rise again, since I posted it two years ago!! I actually found the proforma very helpful and even got an Outstanding from Ofsted last year (although I'm not sure how closely the two things were related).
    I'm now back to teaching mixed YR/Y1/Y2 and think that I'm doing a much better job than I did previously, having had one year of teaching just YR. Think I'm heading for KS2 next year, which will be a whole different challenge!

2. Hi Caz
    any chance I could have a look at the daily risk assessment as our inspection will come up.
    Maze

3. Hi,
    I have just accepted a position in a mixed YR/Y1 class starting after the Christmas holidays and I was wondering if ou could point me in the right direction re planning as I have NEVER been in a Recpetion class before. I have just been teaching a mixed Y1/Y2 class and feel the prospect of going into a reception class is extremely daunting/overwhelming. I would appreciate any help/adivce you could give me.
    Victoria