1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception class interview - help with lesson!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by keeley84, Apr 30, 2011.

1. keeley84

keeley84 New commenter

Hi,
    I have an interview this week for a job in a reception class. I have been teaching reception for 3 years but the thought of having to teach at interview petrifies me (I didn't have to teach for my current job - interview was at 4pm!)
    I have to do a whole class session (time not specified) and it says

"The learning objective should focus on 'understanding subtraction sa take-away'. Finding one less in numbers 1 - 10.
    Any ideas of a good interview lesson I could do for this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

How would you teach it at the moment to your current class? How did you teach it last year and the year before? That will be the best way to do it in interview.

Make sure you have a clear start and finish and then go for it!

Best of Luck!

3. Dear PinkOrchid...
    I have an interview lesson to do for a reception class. i want to do the enormous turnip with reception and link it with addition....could you please share with me your lesson plan that u used that got you the job?
    I am very desperate, been rejected from 11 schools so would really really apprecaite your help.....
    my email shahen_k@hotmail.com
    thanks so much