1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Class in the moment planning - help

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mumc30, Nov 28, 2019.

1. mumc30

mumc30 New commenter

Hi
    I’m slt and our eyfs has just changed to itmp. I agree with the pedagogy and love early years but I’m struggling to understand what needs to happen in reception , what evidence I need to make sure is there. We had a ‘visit’ and they were asking questions I couldn’t yet answer. I’d love to find a school near Manchester that does itmp in reception that could help me see how it works. I want to support our fab teachers and grown our newly fledged itmp eyfs. Any advice would be appreciated too. Thanks.

2. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 New commenter

You have to have some ways that children can investigate to answer questions. If they ask a question, you can show them how to research. Google, books, writing a letter to ask someone. You can record what they do and which areas of learning you are doing and you will have that documentation to look back at.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Have you seen Anna Ephgrave's books?
    There is one called 'Reception Year in Action' which will tell you all you need to know.

There are some great FB groups as well. Your Reception teacher may be part of one and can ask there about schools in the area who use ITMP.

The moment part is sort of 'a child is doing something, a teacher joins them and enables the learning to move on, the child achieves more'. It could be as simple as using scissors correctly or planning and making a wooden house.

Kartoshka likes this.