1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception Class clean up

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bhudson, Jul 26, 2011.

1. It's been a busy term in my Reception Class, but now the end of term has arrived. Phew! Two days into the holiday and I'm busy washing anything and everything in my classroom.....Maths equipment, role play stuff, role play clothes, lego, duplo, small world stuff like the dinosaurs, display fabric etc., etc. Are others doing the same? I don't think I a cleaning fanatic. It's just that someone's got to do it. It would be nice to have a bit of recognition tho' cos it's quite a marathon operation.

2. When I was in Nursery, the head teacher bought one of those zippy bags which are used to keep your small laundry items (bras with underwiring etc) out of the washing machine gubbins, and we used that to wash all small pieces of equipment : lego, dinosaurs, any small world stuff made of plastic. We then put everything throught the machine at a high temperature to kill all germs; it saved no end of time.

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Last year, I washed all our duplo, octoplay, lego etc in a zippy washing bag in the top rack of my dishwasher. This year.....I'm moving to KS2 so I've handed over the job to the new class teacher!