1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception class and Space/Alien topic - would anyone like to link schools?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by R_Smith1983, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I'm new to Reception class teaching and I'm now teaching 0.5 here alongside my Numbers Count job in school, but due to my KS1 and KS2 teaching background I have no links with other schools and was wondering if anyone would like to make a link?
    We've just started a topic on Space and I would love to make a link with another Reception or mixed YR/1 class also working on the same topic this half-term. It would be wonderful to share photographs of our work, and I have an idea about starting the link by an alien visiting both of our classes so we can share our initial experiences.
    Please get in touch if this sounds like something simple, but engaging, that you and your class might want to link together to work on:
    rachel_smith1983@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks in advance.

Rachel

2. Hi Rachel,
    we are just starting a space topic and this sounds like a good idea which would motivate our children.
    Would you message me and we can sort out details?
    sarah.mcintyre@salford.gov.uk
    Thanks, Sarah

3. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks so much for responding. I'm hoping that you got the e-mail I sent to your posted e-mail address - just let me know if you didn't and I'll send it on again.

Thanks, Rachel