1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Reception Class Advice

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by vbanks, Feb 26, 2012.

  1. Dear all I was just wondering if anyone can answer a few of my questions. Firstly I have a reception class of 30 and I understand that CI actvities should be 80% and adult led 20%. I was wondering what other teachers do as I fear I am focusing upon my adult led far too much and I am not observing the other children enough which makes up 80%. What do other teachers do when you do an adult led activity? how do you record it and what do you put in their learning journals as evidence? What observations do teachers do as I am only using one format where I observe the children in their free time and highlight all the different strands of the EYFS grid they cover as I observe. I do a daily literacy, phonics and numeracy session everyday which I think is right. I was also wondering if all teacher do weekly maths, literacy, phonics and guided reading planning?
     
  2. Msz

    Msz Established commenter

    No that is assessment not activities. There should be a balance between CI AI activities
     

Share This Page