1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reception baseline - have you heard?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by curtism, Mar 13, 2016.

1. curtism

curtism New commenter

My Deputy returned from a conference stating latest news is that we probably won't have to do a formal baseline test on Reception children next year - has anyone else heard this?

2. Mac93

Mac93 New commenter

No, I'm training this year and I'm being taught as if this is something I'm going to be doing in the upcoming year.

Would be nice if you are right though :)

3. elmo001

elmo001 New commenter

I have heard murmurings about this but nothing official

4. squashball

squashball Occasional commenter

Reception baseline bites the dust: now official. Anyone else want to join me in shouting "told you so - we knew this would not work!" What a tragic waste of time, effort, MONEY. Wonder what Ms Morgan has in mind now? We can be confident that some other goof ball idea will replace it. I now find myself feeling a bit sorry for Early Excellence!

5. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

As they want something that is the same for us all, they will devise it for us. That probably means a formal test for my darling Reception children.

Really so excited to see what they dream up.....NOT.